When I first started blogging for work, I was at EMC. I actually started blogging internally first with weekly roundups of all the interesting blog posts, podcasts, and videos that I saw. Here’s one from 2010. I thought maybe I’d start that back up again during #vDM30in30 this year. I still read blog posts, although I don’t have the routine I used to have: Sunday morning with coffee, reading the interesting posts in my reader.
So I’m out on the patio of my new house, coffee in hand, to bring you some interesting posts I am reading. A couple of caveats: these are blogs in my reader, unless noted. I haven’t read through my reader in a while, so the posts may be old. If you just started blogging, please add a comment or ping me on Twitter so I can add you to the things I read!
As my friend Polly likes to say: let’s see how this goes!
- EMC Elect Jon Klaus wrote this post on the costs of IaaS. It’s a really good read on the important considerations of “going to the cloud”.
- Emad Younis published a great post with everything you need to know about the new VCSA. Especially now that he’s working for VMware, he’s a must-read if you work with anything VMware.
- Chris Evans making (as usual) fascinating connections between AWS releasing an on-premises version of their Linux AMI & the announcement of the AWS/VMware partnership. His first post on the partnership is also very interesting. (Chris if you see this, what the heck is your twitter handle??)
- Scott Lowe published a how-to manage an AWS infrastructure with Ansible.
- Steve Todd has an interesting take on building systems vs building systems of engagement.
- Ravikanth posted his PowerShell conference slides and link to his scripts in github, good stuff on PowerShell DCS w AWS cloud.
- Ray Luchessi has a super cool post about acoustical prisms. My only hope is that it doesn’t get turned into a weapon.
- AWESOME post from Rob Hirschfeld on the “underlay gap”, aka the fact that tools designed to help manage operations and systems have to work differently than those designed to help developers.
- The second Wonder Woman trailer was released. Still not a fan of the music 🙁
What did you read this week?