This post is cross-posted from the EMC Proven Professional Community on the EMC Community Network.
Hi everyone! I took some time off, and this past weekend was a holiday in the US. So, we’re running behind a bit on Proven Professional Community Updates. So let’s get started!
Here are some of the highlights from the past week in the Proven Professional Community:
Everyone welcome Denis Garcia, the new Principal Program Manager for the EMC Proven Professional Program Office
Denis has been in the role a few months now, and just recently introduced himself to the community. He’s looking for your input, so please go welcome him to the community and share your ideas for growing our community!
He also wrote a very important post about being careful about the study materials you chose to use to study for Proven Professional exams.
Basic technical questions
Lots of great questions and posts about storage basics. Can you add to the conversations?
Blog posts of interest to Proven Professionals
I’m behind two weeks, so this is probably going to be way too short (sorry everyone!)
- VMworld was this week. To catch up on what happened try these posts:
- A link to all the videos from VMworld (50 of them!!) has been posted in the VMware community
- Check out the VMworld 2010 – TA8623 “Storage Super-Heavyweight Challenge” session wrap-up
- vChat has a VMworld Special Edition. TechHead also has a post with links to lots of VMworld pictures.
- Chuck Hollis has a post about the IDC Q2 2010 stats on the storage industry.
- The SharePoint in the Private Cloud blog has an interesting post about storage tiering and BLOB externalization.
- New videos posted by Proven Professionals!
What were you up to this week?
Its time for the seasons to change – those of us in the nothern hemisphere are saying goodbye to summer. Its also very close to the end of Q3. Are you preparing for a Proven Professional certification? Make sure you come to the community if you need any help!
That’s all I have for this week. Keep safe, and we’ll do it again next week!