This post is cross-posted from the EMC Proven Professional Community on the EMC Community Network.
Here are some of the highlights from the past week in the Proven Professional Community:
Knowledge Sharing Articles
The July articles were released last week. In case you missed it, topics ranged from DLP (data loss prevention) to email archiving and retention to deduplication to DR (disaster recovery). Check out this year’s publication schedule for more info.
There were also some good comments on one of this year’s winning articles: SAN Performance – Getting the Most ‘Bang’ for your Buck. If you have read the article, what do you think about John’s methodology for documenting, analyazing, remediating, and reviewing all elements of your SAN? (I thought it was a really good article – could have used something like this 5 years ago when I was working as a sys admin).
New Proven Professional Certifications announced
- EMCIE Backup and Recovery – Avamar Specialist Certification
- EMCSA Backup and Recovery – Avamar Specialist Certification
Blogs of interest to Proven Professionals
As usual, Proven Professionals are blogging about the cutting edge topics in the information and storage management industry:
- Mark Twomey blogged about EMC’s latest acquisition: Greenplum. If you are interested in MPP (massivly parallel processing) make sure you check out this post.
- Lee Dallas has a post about what the Greenplum acquisition will mean for Documentum.
- Roy Mikes has a post this week about the EMC 20% Guarantee. The post includes a couple of funny videos.
Did I miss a good post? Let me know in the comments.
Please remember to mark your questions answered once they’ve been answered, and assign points to the people who helped you out. You never know when we’ll decide to do something with those points!
Why did you get Proven? Last call to participate in the poll.
What were you up to this week?
We’ve completed the first week of Q3. Who has been goaled to get a new Proven Professional certification this quarter? We’re here if you have questions on how to get started, ask away in the Proven Advisor: Ask Us section of the community.
That’s all I have for this week. Keep safe, and we’ll do it again next week!